Categories

Search

Wednesday, May 28, 2014


Super fast, super yummy
Pressure Cooker Beef and Broccoli 
(with stew meat)

Beef and Broccoli is one of my favorite Chinese take-out dishes...but why pay upwards of ten dollars for a small little container when you can make five times that much for less money when you make it at home! This recipe is yummy, relatively inexpensive since it uses stew meat, and pretty fast (less than an hour start to end...which is crazy for cooking stew meat!)--it's one of my favorite things to make!


Super fast, super yummy Pressure Cooker 
Beef and Broccoli with stew meat

2 Tablespoons cornstarch (or flour)
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 cup water
chicken bouillon 
1 lb stew meat (my tray was closer to a pound and a half)
2 tablespoons olive oil

a large head broccoli
1 onion, cut into wedges

1/3 cup soy sauce
2 packed tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ginger

Serve with your favorite rice

In a cup or small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (or flour), 2 tablespoons of water, and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder until smooth.  Pour over meat and toss to coat.  

Heat oil on medium high heat, and sautee meat until brown on all sides.  (I sprinkled the meat with some pepper and onion salt as I sauteed it as well).  I then added half a cup of hot water with a heaping teaspoon of chicken bouillon powder, sealed on the lid, and turned the heat up to high.  Once the knob on the pressure cooker started to rock I turned the heat down to low and cooked the beef for twenty minutes. 

While the beef cooked, I cut up my onion wedges, and cut all of the florets off of my broccoli head (including as much stem as possible) and cut them into smaller pieces.  I also mixed 1/3 cup of soy sauce with 2 heaping tablespoons of packed brown sugar and a teaspoon of ginger.  

After twenty minutes I removed the pressure cooker from the heat and cooled it immediately under running water in the sink.  I opened it, stirred, added the broccoli and onions, and then resealed the lid and returned it to high heat just until the pot was pressurized.  I then immediately removed it from heat and cooled it.  

At this point, just add your soy sauce mixture and stir! Because I used so much meat I ended up adding a bit extra of the soy sauce mixture, but it turned out great! The beef was so tender, as were the broccoli and onions (I prefer them to be on the softer side--if you prefer crunchier vegetables then just stir fry them for a few minutes instead of bringing the pot up to pressure with them).  We served this over brown rice (warning: brown rice takes FOREVER to cook), but you could also serve it over white rice, instant rice, or just eat it by itself!

Hope you enjoyed this recipe for super fast, super yummy Pressure Cooker Beef and Broccoli! I've made this in the crockpot before as well--just plan on a good 6-8 hours to get your stew meat as soft as you'll want it to be.

We have more yummy ideas!

Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution