Categories

Search

Wednesday, January 15, 2014


Ana's Corner

Quiche is something that I absolutely love--but I had never made it before! When I had some leftover pie dough after making the best ever Chicken Pot Pie ever, I decided to use it to make this quiche.  This quiche is so delicious--it's creamy, cheesy, and full of yummy things (and a great way to use up left-over chicken...something else I had on hand)!

Yummy Chicken Quiche
1 pie crust (can use frozen or follow THIS recipe for the best pie crust ever)
splash of olive oil
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1 heaping tablespoon flour
1 heaping cup shredded cooked chicken (you could use canned)
1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (I use a little more)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese (I used 3 slices cut up)
3 smaller eggs
1 cup milk 
1 cup sour cream

Sautee the green pepper and onion in the olive oil for a couple minutes.  Then add the flour and stir.  Then add the chicken and all of the seasonings and fry together for a few more minutes to combine the flavors.  Whisk together the eggs, milk, and sour cream and combine with chicken mixture. Pour into a deep-dish pie plate.  Bake at 400 for 50 minutes. Let the quiche set for ten minutes after baking before serving. So simple, so easy, and so good! My baby girl could not stop eating it--even her very picky little friend kept asking for more!

We know you want more good stuff

Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution