Categories

Search

Monday, March 26, 2012

                


Megan's Corner

 So the rice krispie treat cake from my last post was originally supposed to be a fun display for these little diddies, but I loved how it looked with the cupcakes so I had to come up with a new idea for these cake pops. We were at my Mother-in-law's house and she had these candy jars on her cupboard and I just love how the cake pops look in them! These cake pops weren't quite how I imagined them but they were a huge hit. First, I wanted my little frogs to be bright green so I  bought a bag of the dark green candy melt and a bag of yellow candy melt. I started by melting the whole bag of green with half a bag of yellow, but then after adding the whole bag of yellow it still wasn't bright enough. I wish I had started with yellow and slowly added green. Secondly, I pictured the frogs having really cute faces. As you can see, they all have tongues (cut up pieces of red vines) which I stuck in after I dipped the frogs, but they do not have mouths. So unfortunate. I went and bought a few different kinds of edible pens and was so excited to try them out, but here's a nice tip - EDIBLE PENS DON'T WORK ON CAKE POPS. Do not be fooled. Many people claimed that they used edible pens to draw on cake pops, but they do not work...it ruins the pens. I googled it in my frustration and found that I am not the only person with this dilemma. I didn't have time to come up with alternative mouths (I could have just piped them on with melted chocolate) so these frogs remain expressionless.




Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution