Categories

Search

Thursday, January 12, 2012


From Megan's Kitchen

I've decided lately that I want to be more healthy...a common threat among dieters, but this commitment has made it to the next level with me. It now involves slowly extinguishing processed food from my kitchen. This is partly because I've watched way too many food documentaries, but mainly because the idea of making all the yummy processed food I love in my own kitchen absolutely thrills me. Turns out it's actually not so healthy to make a pan of ooey gooey delectable granola bars and then proceed to polish them all off in two days. I'm not going to lie....I feel slightly sick and may never make this recipe again because it isn't good for the calorie count, but it is an amazing recipe. So I will share it with you....oh, and in the ingredient list, sometimes I give you two choices. This first ingredient of every option is the one that I used.

Ingredients
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup agave or honey
1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla

3 cups oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup flax seed or wheat germ
1/2 cup coconut
2 tsp sesame seeds

In a bowl combine oats, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, flax seed, coconut and sesame seeds. Set aside.


 In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, agave, coconut oil, peanut butter and vanilla.


 Mix well.


 Add the dry ingredients and mix well again.


 Heat the oven to 350 degrees and then press the mixture into a greased cookie sheet.


 Bake for 20 minutes.


 Let cool COMPLETELY and then cut into bars.


 I got all gung ho about it and decided I would even wrap my granola bars individually in wax paper. And  these were the only two the actually ended up getting wrapped...I completely misjudged how time consuming THAT venture would be. :)

Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution