Categories

Search

Monday, January 16, 2012

Christopher's recipe, Megan's kitchen 

 So remember how I said that I probably wouldn't make those granola bars again because they were just so dang yummy....well I made them again...and it hasn't even been a week. And they're gone. At least this time I gave a bunch away...otherwise between the two batches I would have had to fess up to eating 64 granola bars...and that's just sick. I'm not saying that I wouldn't do it...I just don't want you all judging me now. :) Well on to the next best thing....churros. These are special churros...we'll just call them "snake" churros. I have yet to learn the trick to a straight churro, but then again this is the first time I have tried making churros so I was unaware that I would even need a trick. I made these for some company we had for dinner and they were a HUGE hit. So make these...make them right now...and enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 cup water
2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 quarts oil for frying
3-4 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball. Then stir in eggs one at a time. 4 eggs makes a little lighter churro while three makes a it a little denser.


This is with 3 eggs:

 This is with 4:

 Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag and a star tip. 


 Like I said....I made snakes...


 Fry until golden; drain on paper towels. 



Combine cinnamon and sugar in a baking dish and roll churro in mixture. My snakes didn't roll very nicely so I had to spoon the cinnamon sugar over them and then shake them off.



We served ours with homemade vanilla ice cream and strawberries and chocolate sauce. It was amazing.

1 comments:

Love these! Thanks for the recipe :)

REPLY

Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution