Categories

Search

Wednesday, September 7, 2011


From Megan's Kitchen

I have a confession to make...I'm a diabetic.

There, I said it.

I found out that I had gestational diabetes back in January when I was 28 weeks pregnant with my first baby, but when it never went away and I got diagnosed with Type 1.5 diabetes.

So, after saying a tearful good bye to all Italian food and most other carb-loaded comfort food (I said MOST because once these fingers wrap around a warm chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven, there ain't no prying them loose. The only way to free that frightened little cookie is to eat it out. Tragic, really.) I settled into my new routine and diet.

This consisted of reading EVERY food label so that I knew exactly what I was eating...truly a terrible thing for someone who LOVES their sweets and ate nothing but fries and chicken nuggets as a wee tot.

Now that you've had a shiny little glimpse into my personal dilemma, you can rejoice with me and imagine how thrilled I was when I stumbled upon these tasty little lasagna cupcakes. All the Italian I've been craving and very few carbs (I'm not saying anything about the calories ladies...don't think you can eat a pan full of these and then blame me when you are hiding some extra rolls in your over-size knit sweater this winter...just kidding, I know you look great :) ).

So now, I present to you tonight's dinner...

Lasagna Cupcakes

Ingredients:
2 cups marinara sauce
1-1/2 lb ground beef (or turkey)
24 wonton wrappers
16 oz mozzarella cheese
6 oz parmesan cheese
8 oz Ricotta cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Brown beef and season with salt and pepper. Drain. Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes using a biscuit cutter or the top a of drinking glass.4


Begin by pressing a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each muffin tin and then start layering your lasagna cupcakes. 


 Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. Top with a little meat and marinara sauce. I didn't really measure out any of these, I just put how much I felt like. Repeat layers ending with marinara sauce and then topping with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.


 Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Loosen around the edges with a knife and Serve.




Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution