Categories

Search

Monday, September 19, 2011




Halloween is just around the corner and I have to admit I love this time of year.  I love naming food Halloween names.  Every night in October we have a Halloween meal (meaning, I make up names to go with whatever I am cooking that night). Sometimes I have to get pretty creative with my names, and sometimes the kids just roll their eyes, but it is all fun and the kids really do love me trying to be creative.  We've had a lot of laughs over the years. 

So here is the first of my Halloween recipes.

Making the Cookies:

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
6 tbsp. cocoa mixed with 2 tbsp. oil
1 cup sour cream
1 cup pecans, optional

Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.  In another bowl, cream butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, chocolate mixure and sour cream.  Add the two mixtures together. Fold in the nuts.  Drop by teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.  Do not overbake.  Cool.  Frost with fudge frosting.

Fudge Frosting:

1 cup sugar
4 tbsps. cocoa
4 tbsps. butter
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsps. corn syrup
Dash of salt
1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix sugar and cocoa in a saucepan.  Stir in butter, milk, corn syrup and salt.  Bring to  boil, stirring frequently.  Boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Cool.  Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla.  Frost cookies.  Enjoy!

Parties and Patterns . 2019 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by NlinkSolution